Saturday, March 1, 2003

I am in quite a unique position ... showing David the direct effects of karma ...


here is how it is ...


see David and I worked together for a crooked bastard ... in fact that is how we met ... eventually David had too many issues with our boss and they couldn't work them out so they both thought it was best David leave the company ... but in order for David and I to survive I needed my job there ... we needed the money ... so each day I continued to work there and each night I would come home to David's bitching and hatred of the man I worked for [we'll call him S] ... S would call the house and David would freak out ... he would ask me to do work and David would become livid ... I bit my tongue and tried to appease everyone ... but it wasn't easy ...


there were times David would take his anger out on the company ... launch DOS attacks on their servers ... and I would pretend I didn't know what was happening and calmly talk to my customers letting them know we were taking care of everything ... and I didn't get mad at David ... I would just beg him not to do anything that would land him in serious trouble ...


eventually he turned the company in for software theft and their slighting their employees on overtime ... I got nervous but nothing actually happened while I was working there ... but not even 2 weeks after they laid me off the walls started crumbling around them ... US Marshals busted into the server rooms and started shutting down servers ... lawyers went through their books ... and by this time I was happy the stuff was happening to them ... they used and abused lots of people ... no one should get away with that ... and in the end it cost them more money than I will ever make in my lifetime ...


but the 6 months I continued to work there after David left were hell on me ... I was always nervous and sick that either one of us would get in trouble for something even if we weren't doing stuff ... but with someone who lies, cheats, and steals you never know what they will pull ...


fast forward 2 years ... David and I have our own web hosting and design business ... and we have this customer that I feel is a chiseler and crooked ... he tries to take advantage of people ... and if he feels he has the slightest bit of power or authority over anyone he exploits it ...


for about 8 months now I have done all the work on the site and I have been his contact ... and it has been horrible ... when I suggest things for the site he tells me I have no idea what I am talking about ... I couldn't possibly understand how web site ... in particular this one ... work ... it is too complicated for me ... I bite my tongue instead of reeling off obscenities and telling him I have been designing and selling on the web for almost 10 years now and fucking know what I am doing ... that just because I have tits and a vagina doesn't make me an idiot ... but I abstained and let him think he is coming up with everything ... [this is a man that for the first 2 months of work on the site he kept calling hyperlinks "the blue little underliney things"] ...


well I guess my headstrongness [is that even a word] got to him ... I just didn't take his crap ... I learned that from David ... the more you let people push you around the more they will and I have learned to stand up for myself ... anyway he got sick of it and sent me an email telling me they were looking into moving the site and letting someone else take over the day to day work on it ... what a fucking pisser ...


David who doesn't kiss up at all had to make the decision ... he could either tell them to fuck off and move their site ... or he could go against every bone in his body and kiss up to this man ... he took a day to think about it and went with the latter ... he puckered up and phoned the client ...


obviously the client felt more power because David explained he had taken me off the project [hahahaa like he is my boss] ... and that he would now be taking over full time ... he wrote a list of things that were to be done and saved the contract ...


and yea for David ... I know he felt good about that ... and I was happy cause it is a lot of money ... but not even 5 minutes after he hung up the phone he started talking to me like the client used to .. saying I did this and that wrong ... and this and that needed to be fixed ... not only did it hurt that he would think this son-of-a-bitch were telling the truth ... the fact that he had the balls to talk to me like that drove me to debate should I punch him in the head or kick him in those balls that were now taking over ...


I left the room to go think on my own but for a day there we were at each others throats ... he was pissing me off to no end ... David is the tech guy ... I am the design gal ... I know the coding and how the site has been done ... David has taken care of all the tech aspects of the sites ... but now he was attempting to design the site without talking to me ... second guessing the work I had done ... and treating me like this ...


then it hit me ... our roles from 2 years ago were totally reversed ... he was now working for someone that I had worked for and now I despised ... he was talking about it when I wanted to hear nothing of the site ... he starting working on the site late into the night and ignoring me completely ... he was putting more into the job than he was getting paid for ... all the things he complained about regarding me ...


and shit I know how to take down a site as well as the next person ... I can corrupt files ... I can send emails telling someone what an asshole they are from an anonymous source ... I can do everything David did ... [well not reaming them for software theft or over time stuff since it isn't happening] ... but everything he did to make my life hell while working a job I needed I can do back now ... he has that scared look on his face that I used to walk around with ... just talking about taking the site down for an hour or so freaks him out ...


and he finally sees what he did ... he acknowledges that although he may have been pissed off at what happened at our first job together ... I still had to work there ... I needed to earn money for us ... and that it probably really did suck being in my position ...


not that I would do anything to jeopardize his job ... but using a little torture here and there ... I am all up for that ... in fact it makes me a bit giddy ... seeing him squirm like I did ... it is nice to know that in the future ... should anything like this ever arise again ... he will understand from experience where I am coming from ...

No comments:

Post a Comment