Saturday, March 1, 2003

we have a bat living in a vent on our balcony ... how gross is that? ...


so as not to bother the neighbor upstairs ... and so we don't freeze our asses off ... we sit inside the house at the sliding glass door and smoke ... usually the door is open enough that Kramer can get out ... well last night Kramer started going crazy when I was having a smoke and just flew through the partially open door ... I had just finished my cig when he went out and I started calling him to come in ... he doesn't disobey often but last night he just sat there staring at the vent and whenever I said his name he meowed ... so I stepped out on to the balcony to get him when something swooped down at me ... I flailed my arms ... Kramer jumped around and I ran in the house and as I was shutting the door I saw a dark flying figure shoot right into the vent ... Kramer was frozen just staring at the vent ...


tonight neither David nor I can sleep ... I noticed he wasn't in bed and came out to see what was going on ... he told me he had just had a cig and the flying thing ... it wasn't a bird or a big moth ... it was in fact a bat ... he just witnessed what I did last night ...


shit I got the shivers typing that ... I really don't want a bat living on our patio ... in my lifetime I have had 3 really close encounters with them ... last nights swoop makes 4 ... personally I think that is enough ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment