Friday, March 28, 2003

unfortunately by the time the Trapper got to the house the bat was back in hiding ... and it won't be out again until it is dark when it cost double to have someone come out ... so I have been reading up on bats and bat removal ...


they are passive creatures ... they don't bite unless they are picked up ... even if you chase them they won't attack ... but there is the danger of rabies if they bite ... that would suck ...


our condo association is a bunch of assholes ... when I called to see if anyone else was having this problem it was like talking to a recording that kept saying "this isn't our responsibility" ... I told her I wasn't looking for money ... I was looking for guidance ... didn't matter ... I told her the trapper really felt that the foam on the outside sealed up their exit and that is why we have been having problem since then ... she said there is no way that could be the case ...


that is when I rattled off my facts ... that bats only need 1/4" of space to enter something ... so a crack in the wall would be enough ... and a crack in our heating duct would be enough ... that an opening 6/8" by 7/8" is big enough for them ... and that everything here was hunky-dory up until Saturday night ... they filled the crack Saturday afternoon and Saturday night we started hearing strange noises ... our cat started going crazy ... and it was a really warm night ... optimal feeding time ...


again she said there is no way their foam is the problem ... this woman went from telling me they had problems with the people upstairs to defending their fucking foam fiasco ...


David is pissed ... now he is dealing with bats in the house ... and being walked all over ... it is only a matter of time before one of us goes upstairs to tell them what we really think ... I am ready to cut out a big piece of black construction paper in the shape of a bat ... and in silver pen write "your fucking foam chased bats into our house" and put it on their door for all to see ... but I have learned when fighting with someone you don't want anything on paper ... it all has to be verbal with a he said / she said story later ... bummer ...


David and I were trying to get some sleep now ... since we will most likely be up all night ... but it isn't working ... Kramer obviously smells the critter and keeps getting up to inspect the house ... tensions are too high to sleep during that ...


maybe I will see if Davie wants to go out for a bit to eat ... ease the tension ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment