Thursday, April 3, 2003

I found a way to make a difference and do something good for someone else ... I have turned in an application for Adopt A Platoon ... not everyone gets to do it but I sure hope they pick us ... it sounds like a wonderful program ... I have to adopt a soldier ... since I can't really afford to adopt the whole platoon ... but I am thinking of asking work if we can adopt a platoon if this works out ...


check out their List of Suggestions for things the soldiers need and want ... they are totally do-able ... as I read it I thought ... "well I get a lot of that stuff for myself ... it wouldn't be hard to just grab an extra" ... so that is what I plan to do ...


you have to send a card a week of encouragement and at least one care package a month ... but I think I would send more than that ... it is such an easy thing to do ... and can you image how happy it will make someone ... I am feeling a little weepy thinking about it ...


so if you are wanting to do something for the men and women serving our country please check out the AdoptAPlatoon.org website ...

No comments:

Post a Comment