Friday, August 1, 2008

Bath Time Conversation

Last night during bath time Curly Top and I had the most wonderful conversation ... I wish I had recorded it ... she is just so kindhearted it makes me melt ...

While bathing she made sure to bathe and wash the hair of all animals in the tub ... the ducks and cows and frogs and even Ernie in his boat ...

When it was time to brush her teeth she brushed everyones teeth ... even her Elmo wash cloth got a tooth brushing ...

And then everyone got kisses ... including me ... it was all just so sweet to me ...

I said, "Is your world all hugs and kisses?"
She said, "Yesss mommy, yes!!"
I said, "Are you filled with love?"
She said, "Oh yesssss. Yes, yes, yes"
Then I started asking her who she loved.
"Do you love
- Daddy
- Mommy
- Grandmommy
- Granddaddy
- Grandpa
- Uncle Jason
- Aunt Jenny
- Ellie
- Baby Abbie
- Elmo
- Big Bird
- Ernie
- Caillou
- Kipper
- Your babies
- Fred

To each one it was a sweet, loud whispering, lisping ... yeesssssssss

Then I said, "Well who do you love most of all?"

She looked at me ... moved her arm in an arch toward the sky ... looked up ... and said, "Skye" ...

The tears welled up faster than I could control them ... yesterday afternoon was the first time she started to use her nickname ... and each time she did it she did the whole looking to the sky and moving her arm in the arch ...

But to answer the question of who you love the most ... and responding herself ... I don't know if we have had a more touching moment ... ever ...

I mostly wished I had that moment on video so I could always remind her that from the beginning she has loved herself ... and how important that is ... and that it will help shape her into the person she is destined to become ...

1 comment:

  1. Skye loving herself, more than anyone else . . . from this point forward . . . you've captured it here . . .

    Knowing the momma that you are, you will remind of her of the importance of that often!

    ReplyDelete