Friday, August 8, 2008

292.65+798.97=broke

OK so I broke down and had to get the air in my car fixed ... it was just stupid to be driving my old car (whose air is now not working if it is hot out ... isn't that only when you need it) ... the old car needs to be sold ... I need to stop paying insurance on it ...

So I called the mechanic at my company ... he would fix the air for less than our local mechanic ... and I was able to find a compressor online that was refurbished for 1/2 the price the local mechanic was going to charge me ... Wednesday night I dropped the car off at my parent's house because my dad offered to drive it up to Cumberland for me (where our main office and the mechanic is) and get it fixed and drive it home ...

We were already broke to being with but it just had to be done ... it just had to ... I wasn't sure where we would find the money but I figured I had no choice ...

Then in the middle of the freaking night on Wednesday I woke up cause our alarm was making this beeping sound ... I stumble down there to see some code flashing on it ... I hit cancel and it stops ... (turns out it only stops for like 5 hours - so it has been fun for 2 days now) ... and call Brinks in the morning ... of course it is a code that requires someone to come out ... we pay the extra money each month to cover repairs ...

So D calls me ... the guy is there ... he says it is cause we got Vonage ... (we got freaking Vonage months ago) ... and that is why it isn't working ... so of course cause it is something we did we have to pay ... they charge $109 for the first 30 minutes and $60 each additional 15 minutes ... WTF?? seriously ... and we have a keypad that doesn't work ... and of course that has something to do with what we did in our house and have to pay for that ...

I tell D to put the guy on the phone ... I explain that we have had Vonage for months now ... with no problems ... that I talked to Brinks before and they told me it would be fine ... but he is saying that is it ... the alarm must have done an update and couldn't connect ... so I asked if that ment basically we haven't been protected this whole time ...

Then he goes on to tell me how the other panel isn't compatable and we'll have to buy a new one and yadda yadda bullshit stuff ... so I ask for an estimate on how long it will take him ... he said he has no idea ... and I said well you need to get an idea because at 60 bucks every 15 minutes I need to know if I can afford it or just buy more Brinks stickers for the front of my house and pretend we have an alarm ...

He told me about an hour ... I could just hear the register chiming away ...

But in the end today everything got fixed ...

So needless to say today is payday ... I didn't even get to visit with my money ...

No comments:

Post a Comment