Saturday, September 7, 2002

It is starting ... the year marking of 9-11 ... and I don't think I can take it ... David and I were leaving to get coffee and I was waiting upstairs for him ... my mom and grandmother were watching CNN and it was all 9-11 talking ... asking people where they were that day ... and I felt the tears welling up in my eyes ... my chest was hurting ... I called in sick that day ... just a matter of chance ... or I would have been in the city ... a few blocks from ground zero ... my coworkers that were unlucky enough to make it to work before the first plane hit were stuck there for almost 24 hours ... smelling the smoke ... dust coving the windows of the office ... I was lucky that day ... but I spent the day crying and watching the TV in disbelief ... on that day I couldn't even imagine a year going by ... and it has ... and the year marking just makes me scared ... I wish I could just side-step the day ...


I just realized David and I have an appointment on the 11th to pick out a table and meet with our new clients about their site ... I guess that will be better than staying in bed with the covers pull up over my head ...

No comments:

Post a Comment