Saturday, September 14, 2002

David and I were just outside smoking a cig ... there have been a bunch of bugs out because it drizzled tonight ... so as we were standing there I thought I saw a slug on the wall and pointed it out to David when he said ... wow that is the biggest praying mantis I have ever seen ... my old roommate had one as a "pet" that was tiny and basically lived on one of his house plants ... this one outside is at least 6 inches long ... just as David was saying I don't think they fly this one spread wings and went from the wall to the window ... but it scared the shit out of me ... being so big ... I went to get the camera to take a picture from inside but he was gone from the window and I wasn't about to go back outside to snap a photo ...

No comments:

Post a Comment