Monday, June 4, 2001

Are You June?

first of all it is so great to be home ...


secondly the people that live on the top floor of this house are idiots ... and quite annoying ...

the cable bill is in their name ... so each month Marilyn and I give them $22 ... which i am thinking they are ripping us off ... could regular cable with HBO really be $66 a month ... but regardless ... the woman is a bitch ... she will come down at 8 AM on a Sunday and keeping ringing the bell to get the money ... like they are paying the bill that moment ... i am not an idiot i know she is hard up for cash and figures it is the 1st of the money i'll get my money ...


so she finally pissed David off one morning ringing and ringing and ringing till he finally got up and got the door ... that he said ya know what we will just leave the money in an envelope in your mailbox on either the 1st or the 2nd of the month ...


so Saturday I put 1-$10 ... 1-$5 ... 5-$1 and 2 dollars in quarters ... and on the envelope I wrote "June Cable" ... all seemed pretty clear to me ...


tonight she came down and i made david answer the door ... cause the last time i spoke to her i was yelling cause it was like 7:45 AM on a saturday ... anyway ... david went up there and she asked for the cable money ... he told her we put it in the mailbox on saturday ... and she left ... 3 minutes later she was back and david answered the door again and she said there was no money in the box and we needed to pay her ... i could hear him all the way down here telling her it wasn't our problem that they didn't check their mail on a regular basis ... and we are not giving them more money ...


now we know that both of them are unemployeed with a kid ... and the landlord always bitches that every month their check bounces and he just wants to kick them out ... anyway ...


david was steamed and came into the room and said "if that doorbell rings again i am not getting the door" ... 2 seconds later the doorbell rings again ... so i get up and get the door ...


now i have lived here over a year and i open the door and she looks at me funny and says ... "ahhhhhhh what is your name? and this is how the conversation went ...


her: "ahhhhh what is your name?"

me: "liz"

her: "oh well we we got a payment from June but not from you"

me: "June ... what are you talking about"

her: "well today June put an envelope in the mailbox with money but we didn't get a payment from you on Saturday"

me: "are you talking about an envelope that said 'June Cable' with a ten, a five, 5 ones and 2 dollars in quarters?"

her: "i don't know what was in it my husband got it but he said it was from June and it came today"

me: "no that is from me I wrote 'June Cable' on the envelope"

her: "but i thought you said your name was Liz?"

me: "yes my name is Liz ... I wrote June cable cause it was letting you know the month I was giving you money for"

her: "but my husband said it was from June"

me: "no one named June lives in this house ... my name is Liz and your other neighbor is Marilyn ... there is no June, that is the month of the year we are currently in"

her: "oh so even though you aren't June that is your cable money?"

[i am sure at this point my mouth was hanging wide open]

me: "yea June is the month I am Liz and the money that was put in your mail box Saturday that you got today is the money for our part of the cable."

her: "well i told your boyfriend it is probably better if you don't leave the money in the mailbox"

me: "ahhhhhh ya think?"


i smiled and closed the door ...


oh my god i couldn't believe that conversation ...


when i told paul and marilyn tonight [the people right above me] ... i told marilyn "be careful she will probably come by tomorrow calling you June" and Paul said ... "that's when you say 'no she is June I am May!'" .......... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment