Sunday, March 22, 2009

Versus

So today while Schuyler and I were cleaning the bedroom a commercial came on Sprout for the Bissel Versusvacuum cleaner ... I was mesmerized immediately ... it was like the commercial was made just for me ... 95% of our house is bare floors and most stuff just gets pushed around ... this vacuum had a big hole in the bottom with blowing air on the sides to move debris into the big hole ...

The words out of my mouth were "Holy Crap" ... then as I heard my almost 3 year old keep saying "Howy Cwap mommy howy cwap" I realized even with something this exciting I need to watch what I am saying ...

The commercial said it was available at Target and Target.com ... so I went right for the computer to check ... it wasn't online so I called my local Target ... they had no idea what I was talking about so I called the next closest one and they had it and they said they would hold it at guest services for me ... well being as huge as I am that made it even better for me that I wouldn't have to walk across the store ... the commercial said it was 69.99 ... I thought that was a fair price ... cheaper than the last vacuum I bought which I praised but it has slowly worked less and less well and is way better as just a dust buster ... the website said it was 79.99 ... I have some gift cards I got for my birthday from Target so it was still sounding alright ...  

Skye and I got in the car immediately ... and headed to Target ... walked right up to guest services and their cost was 59.99 ... well now I scored ... if it worked half as well as I was envisioning I was happy ...

We got it home and I spent the rest of the day cleaning and purging our bedroom ... with all 3 of us living in there the last couple of months it had become a mess to say the least ... I wanted everything cleaned up and put away before I whipped out the vacuum ... it was great motivation to get it all done ...

The time had come to try out this new fangled vacuum ... and sadly I was very excited ...

Well let me say ... it works WONDERFULLY ... even picked up a toy golf ball and every single item on the floor ... no problem at all ... and the V shape really helped get into places I couldn't before ...

The room looks wonderful ... but I am going to hold off on being too excited because I know that most of the vacuums I have tried have been awesome the first time I used them but deterriorate bit by bit as time goes on ... but so far I am very happy ... and I hope it keeps up ... the design is a great idea for bare floors ... so fingers crossed I am still in love with it the 10th and 20th and 50th time I use it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment