Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wash and Dry

On the last day of 2008 we got a new washer and dryer ... I was waiting until I used them to write about them ... my oh my are they a HUGE difference from what we had ...



They are front loading machines and amazing ...

See our previous washer was just a couple of years old ... we had to buy one soon after moving in because ours broke ... we didn't have much to spend and couldn't get the biggest top loader available ... big mistake because I would over-stuff it ... but it cleaned the clothes anyway and I didn't really have a problem with that ...

Our dryer on the other hand was manufactured the year I graduated high school ... and we just had our 20 year reunion ... the only setting on the machine was a timer ... no heat settings no nothing ... when we first started using it we had to set the timer for 80 minutes ... that is a long time to dry clothes ... and a long time to use electricity ... especially with how many loads I need to do to get all of our clothes clean ...

In the recent past ... maybe the last month we had to do two 80 minute cycles for each load ... multiply that by 5 or 6 loads and that is an awful lot of electricity and time to get our clothes clean ...

I did laundry this weekend ... 45 minutes and everything was bone dry ... also the size of the new machines I got everything finished in 3 loads ... it was AMAZING ... I can't even believe it ... what an energy and time saver ... it made me a bit more excited about doing laundry and it sure does give me more time to hang out with my family without thinking about when to go down for the next cycle ...

Once it gets moved upstairs when the bathroom is turned into the laundry room I may actually grow to not hate the task anymore ... I can do loads every couple of days rather than all on the weekend and no more hauling clothes down 3 flights of stairs ... shoot I'm even going to keep hangers in the laundry room and just put clothes right on the hanger out of the dryer ...

But for right now I am VERY VERY VERY happy with our new Sears purchase ... made today a lot easier ...

Now if only there was a machine that put everything away ... then I would be in heaven ...
















1 comment:

  1. Sorry - having trouble focusing on the pics my eyes are so green!

    ReplyDelete