Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Do What You Say

Last night my little Curly Top couldn't sleep ... she was content to stay in her room and read ... she sang a couple of new songs she made up (her new hobby - and some of them are so funny) ... she was being good in her tent but sleep just wasn't coming ...

I asked David if he would put a new pull-up on her since she had had 2 cups of juice and was still up ... to avoid pee on all her clean sheets ...

When he went in she asked if she could go use the potty ... well it doesn't matter what time of day it is we never say no ... afterwards I see her at the top of the stairs ... David said she wanted to come and give me a kiss ... another thing I will never say no to ...

She came down all happy ... I told her what a great job she did using the potty and we hugged and kissed ... then real quietly she kept saying "Iage ... Iage please mommy" ... took me a second and I said, "Oh are you asking if we can watch Ice Age?" ... "Yes mommy please." ...

I told her it was way too late to watch it now ... but that if she went up to bed right now and tried to go to sleep I would wake her up in the morning before I went to work and she could come get in mommy's bed with juice and apple cake (granola bar) and watch Ice Age ...

A big smile exploded across her face and she went upstairs right away ... got right into bed ... and laid down ... and I didn't hear anything coming from her room after that ...

So like I promised this morning I got juice and apple cake and put it in my room ... then went to get her ... before she even opened her eyes she said "Iage Iage mommy" ... once she got out of her tent she said, "Mommy time for Iage in mommy's bed" and I told her ... it is all set up and ready to go with juice and apple cake awaiting ...

She was just so happy crawling into my bed ... she kept saying "Thank you mommy thank you mommy" ...

Now normally when she gets into our bed in the morning David can sleep a little longer ... not the case when Ice Age 2 is on ... she cracks up ... and thinks all the animals are sooooo great and points them all out ... and thinks they are the funniest things ever ...

I got a big hug and kiss before I left for work this morning ... and left her with a huge smile on her face ... so happy I followed through on that promise even though she was still sound asleep when I was ready to leave today ...

1 comment:

  1. she has so much personality--what a little sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete