Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Brownie Lover

Skye is going to my mom's house tomorrow for a play date and my mom asked if we had any plans to make more brownies (for their anniversary Skye made them some that my mom just loved) so I said, "Sure we could make some brownies tonight so Skye can bring some with her." ...

Once Skye heard that she started changing that she was,  "going to make chocolate brownies sitting on the red stool." ... (before David and I even had kids we found this awesome retro kitchen stool in bright red and we talked about how one day we wanted our kids to love that stool because they got to use it while helping in the kitchen ... and it has happened a lot faster than we thought and it makes us both so happy) ...

So anyway ... Skye gets up on her red stool and I get out the mixing bowl ... and asked her what we needed to make the brownies ... she said, "Chocolate ... water ... 2 eggs ... more chocolate and that (she pointed to the oil)" ... I couldn't believe it ... she, after making them once, has memorized the recipe of brownies ... I think she might have inherited her father's chef abilities ...

She had a blast every moment of making the brownies ... she told me what was next ... poured it all into the bowl ... helped mix it ... licked the bowl and spoon and asked if she could sit on her red stool while they cooked ...

Instead we had dinner and daddy gave her a bath ... and I brought up a tiny brownie for her to have before bed and boy was she excited ... she got in her jammies and took little nibbles and kept saying, "Thank you mommy and daddy thank you." ...

I just don't want these moments to end with her ... moments flash by so fast ... and before I know it she is going to be totally grown up ... I just want to savor every thing and every moment ...

No comments:

Post a Comment