Saturday, October 5, 2002

so we have been on the hunt for new counter tops ... unfortunately it has been much harder than anticipated ... the Home Depot closest to the house didn't have all the pieces we need ... and since we are buying stock countertop we didn't want to just get part of it ...


today we decided to try Lowes ... we hadn't been there before so who knew ... one of the corner pieces we need has to be a right corner at least 8' 7" long ... but it appeared that Lowes didn't carry corner pieces over 6' ... I have learned with all this remodeling that if you have a question about anything kitchen related you have to go to the little kitchen area in the store ... so I went to Lowes kitchen area ... and patiently hung out waiting for the kitchen dude to finish his work with his current customer ... I stood back a few feet like I was at the ATM so I didn't crowd and took a moment to just relax ... after a few minutes he asked if I was waiting for kitchens, appliances, or something else [he mumbled so I wasn't sure] ... I said "I actually just have a quick question about the pre-fabricated kitchen counters" [i wanted to ask if they ever had 10' corner cabinets] ... he said "you'll have to make an appointment" ... I said "are you kidding me, in order to ask a question I need to have an appointment?" and he said "yes" ... that just pissed me off ... I was already jerked around by the cable company this morning ... I was getting ready to spend several 100 dollars in there today but to ask one fucking question I have to have an appointment ... I looked at him and said, "I live too damn far away to make an appointment and come all the way out here to ask you a simple question ... you have just lost all my business" ...


David was wandering around and I called out "David" ... we walked around the corner to see each other and I told him what happened ... he saw an employee standing in front of the pre-fabricated kitchen counters and said "excuse me do you ever have 10' corner counters?" and he said ... "oh you will need to make an appointment in the kitchen area for questions about kitchen items" ...


is that the craziest system ever????? what the fuck are they thinking ...


so we got back on I270 and headed out the the Home Depot that is twice as far from home as our regular one ... they did not seem to have a big collection of counters and I was just getting tired of looking ... I was about to say ... "lets get the hell out of here" when I wandered around the corner where the counters were and found EXACTLY what we were looking for ... the far away Home Depot had all 3 counters we needed ... they even had the backsplashes ... and end caps ... and everything ...


so woohoo we bought it all ... loaded up the car ... and then proceeded to carry these fucking huge heavy counters up 4 flights of stairs ...


they look beautiful ... I am happy I don't have to shop for them anymore ... and boy golly am I getting a good workout ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment