Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Catching Up

So we have been home for 6 days now ... and although we are in a routine I am exhausted ...

Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning I had to wake Lincoln up every 3 hours to eat ... to keep his blood sugar up and his biliruben down ... it was brutal ... I would wake him up at 3 ... he would eat for an hour or sometimes longer ... then I would lay him down and it would take a little bit to get back to sleep ... by the time I laid down my alarm went off an hour later ... it was very rough ...

We saw the ped on Monday and he said I could start going 4 hours ... and I decided he wasn't eating much after an hour so if I started feeding him at 3 ... by 4 we were finished so I got 2 to 3 hours of sleep at a time ... then the last two nights he has decided he doesn't really want to sleep so much at night ... well not really that ... but he has a sixth sense for when I lay down and cries ... I get up ... pat him ... give him a binky ... lay back down and he cries again ... just not sure about that ... twice now I have just brought him to bed with me so I can get an hour or two of sleep ... since I am still sleeping propped up I can't turn over or anything so it works out well ...

Schuyler is fully in love with her brother ... she has proclaimed him her best friend ... she constantly thanks me for her baby ... she wants to help feed and change him ... in the morning she runs to the pack-n-play to check on him ... it is just great ... I hope she can keep up these feelings when he is able to touch her stuff ... and any time she asks to go somewhere or for some sort of snack she says Lincoln needs one too ... I'm just so proud of her ...

And David just got home so that means mommy is off to take a nap ... WOOOOHOOOOOO

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the good old days of no sleep. Hope he gets his days and nights turned around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - time for another update!! :P

    ReplyDelete