Sunday, October 23, 2011

Moment to Vent

Oh my goodness ... I just need a place to vent without having to do it to someone else so I don't sound all winy and whatever ... the amount there is to do in my life does not correlate to the amount of time I have in my life ...

and even as I write this vent I am thinking ... this time could be used to get work done ... process some bills ... follow up with customers ... clean up the house ... do the dishes ... take a shower ... plan a scout meeting ... the list goes on and on and on ...

And currently my most hated thing to hear from someone is, "Well I am so busy" ... they say that like maybe I am not ... seriously?? ... I recently had someone hand me a half full box of crackers and tell me that they couldn't sign up to bring snacks to one of our Daisy meetings because she is just so busy she couldn't really be counted on to provide snacks ... if 22 adoring little girls hadn't been standing right there I would have said, "Are you freakin kidding me? You can't go buy a bag of cheese sticks or some cut up fruit to provide a snack for your daughter's daisy meeting. You only have to provide it ONCE all freakin year ... ONCE ... so you are telling me your time over the next 8 months is so insanely busy that you aren't going grocery shopping at any point between now and June where you could pick up some fruit roll-ups or granola bars or juice boxes? Because I am here every single month for your daughter and it isn't just the hour of the meeting - it is tracking down people who haven't paid ... and a leader meeting once a month ... and planning what we will do at each meeting ... and picking up supplies ... and talking to every parent about please sign up to bring a snack or a drink or help at a meeting ... oh and I too have a job ... and a company of my own ... and 2 kids ... a house to keep clean ... yadda yadda yadda ... but sure I understand ... thanks for the half full box of crackers that I am guessing your family didn't like. Swell!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment